As COVID-19 continues to have an impact on our lives, we are not only monitoring the most recent advice and guidance carefully but also working to ensure we have the right measures in place to support our employees, customers, and vendors.
We are committed to supporting your business with the same level of service that we provided prior to the pandemic. CMS are proud to have been able to operate since the start of the pandemic without any significant impact to our customers and vendors alike. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with updates as and when appropriate. If you have further questions not covered in the information below, please contact your CMS Distribution representative.
Key Actions & Measures in Place
We are monitoring the situation regularly for the safety of our people and customers. Our Business Continuity and senior management teams continually review and monitor the situation, providing direction and communication across our sites on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
Measures in Place
The COVID-19 measures we have implemented across our sites are compliant with the regulations and advice from the local governmental bodies. These include but are not limited to:
- Enhanced site cleaning
- Strict site entry and exit controls
- Where practical we are maintaining segregation of key resources and teams through shift patterns and social distancing
- Workplace communication channels have been bolstered to ensure open and continuous communications with our staff and clients globally
- Separation of delivery/collection drivers and CMS resources
- Regular dialogue with our freight and parcel partners reviewing contingency measures
- We have global and local plans in place to ensure service continuity
- Any third party providers we use will have their own COVID-19 measure and actions plans in place, and we remain confident in our partners to continue to operation in a safe and responsible manner.
All of our sites are now open for employees to work on a voluntary basis. In the long-term, we are working to create and confirm a sustainable hybrid working policy for our employees.
Additional measures available to support all employees:
- Internal communications to our people to update them of the latest advice and guidance
- A free of charge Employee Assistance Programme is available to support employee well-being, and how to use the service has been communicated to all staff
- Provision of cleaning equipment at all desks across all sites
Key Information for Clients & Suppliers
- For the latest updates on any planned events or training with us, please contact your account manager to discuss alternative arrangements
Visiting CMS Sites
- As a client or supplier, we respectfully ask that you contact your account manager before deciding to visit any of our premises
- For assistance in contacting our teams, please refer to our Contact Us page.
- Where local Government regulations allow, we have re-opened offices with staff returning on a voluntary basis, into a strict social distancing controlled and safe environment. Significant measures have been put in place to ensure all offices are COVID-19 secure.
- COVID-19 risk assessments have been completed for every site and will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Our UK warehouse continues to operate in shifts with additional health and safety measures in place. Furthermore, in response to the supply chain needs critical to the COVID-19 response, we will continue to operate under stringent measures in compliance to government social distancing and hygiene recommendations.
- We already had staff who work remotely and therefore have remote working practices and tools in place. All staff working from home and CMS offices have full & secure access to all relevant systems.
- Staff working from home continues to be effective and working well.
- In-person meetings and site visits are possible and that we have strict safety guidelines in place for these including social distancing and visitor logs.
- In the eventuality of any disruption, or further government guidance requiring further working from home, our colleagues will be able to maintain contact and service with you remotely using industry-standard applications we already have in place including Microsoft Teams, soft phone, Zoom and others.
CMS continue to review the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we are able to provide the most up to date guidance to our employees and that we can continue to provide a great service to our customers.
Please check back with us regularly for the latest updates as we are continually monitoring and adapting to the evolving situation.